Thursday, February 10, 2011

1% Milk

"... they called a family meeting when we switched to 1% milk."  (from Modern Family)
I love this line. It reminds me so much of my family growing up. Except it would be "she called a family meeting..."
My mother was the queen of "communication". She tried so very hard. She called family meetings all the time. She made worksheets that we had to fill out before we could have permission to go somewhere. She had schedules taped to the walls and copies of calendars.
I see how difficult parenting is... especially when both parents are not on the same page. I hope and pray that we can work together to be a "we" in our parenting. That "we" will value communication and family values... even if that means having family meetings every once in a while.

3 comments:

  1. I loved that line, too!

    Worksheets? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear what you are saying...I don't want Blaire to think she has to look a certain way but I want her to be comfortable in her own skin. At my high school, boob jobs were a graduation gift so I think they are normal but at the same time don't necessarily think it's right for an 18 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, orange worksheets that hung on a clipboard on the way to the basement. They had spaces for things like:
    -who would be there
    -dates/times
    -drivers
    -how much money was required
    -where was the money coming from

    stuff like that... then it had to be approved. I think I was the only kid that ever filled one out. I was into keeping the peace (except for the few years that I didn't).

    ReplyDelete