Sunday, March 20, 2011

No Regrets... Seriously?!?!?

I keep hearing people say that they have no regrets... that they live their life regret free. Do they really mean it or are they lying to you? Or to themselves?
I recently spent some time thinking about this concept. The idea of living your life with zero regrets. I came to the conclusion that I don't live this way. I can not say that I have no regrets. I don't have many... but I certainly have some.
There are things that I have done that I wish I had not; however, they are not regrets. They have become learing experiences for me. Although they were difficult, they taught me about myself and about the world around me. About people and trust and freedom. About lies and deception and hate. About change and strength and understanding.
But I do have regrets. Things that taught me lessons that I never wanted to learn. Caused me to see things that I never wanted to see. Caused me to change the way I live my life.

1 comment:

  1. I have regrets. Plenty of them! But, I do like how my life has turned out (sometimes) due to the choices I've made - right or wrong. Maybe it's hard for people to articulate just what they mean.

    ReplyDelete