Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Lot of Tilting.

I have spent my morning in a place of randomness.
Reorganizing the liquor cabinet.
Twice.
Reframing a family picture.
Five times.
Moving the clock to a different wall.
Four times.
Rearranging framed artwork.
Six times.

My friend told me to prioritize.
Obviously.
And none of this is a priority.
Obviously.


Just when I thought I was getting used to my current level of tilted-ness... 
The doctor delivers news that I didn't want. 
And now I am suffering from a lot of tilting... 

My body is weak. 
My mind is lost.
My heart hurts.
My spirit is confused.


And I am afraid. And this is what I do.
Random acts. Busy work. Mindless behaviors.
To try and get my footing on this tilting ground.

I need to take my friend's advice.
Prioritize.
Pray. Cry. Exercise. Sleep. Read. Write. Ask for help. Pray more.
To try and get my footing on this tilting ground.

1 comment:

  1. If doing the random work brings you relief, than by all means, do it. I'm a big believer in finding stress relief wherever it may be. Some people drink. I go to the movies. (OK, I drink, sometimes, too).

    But, you have to do something to find some peace. You're climbing up hill right now, Jil. You need some help. Wish I were there to give it to you.

    ReplyDelete